There are a few advantages that you will get when you choose mini exercise bike instead of regular recumbent exercise bike. The major ones would be its adaptability and its compact size. The products are comparatively a lot smaller and require very little space to store. In addition, they are much easier to be assembled. In this article, we are going to review one of the mini bikes from a popular brand, Exerpeutic. You will know both good and bad points about the product and see if it is suitable for your needs.
The unit is designed to give you both upper and lower body workouts. While you use the product by pedaling it as a lower body workout, you can also exercise your upper body simply just by place the unit on the table and rotate the pedals with your arms and hands. The product uses the same technology as in its normal recumbent bike and gives the users a good experience with very silent and smooth operation. The drive can be pedaled both forward and backward. It has eight magnetic resistance levels. The tension though is rather weak according to many of its users.
The product’s console contains five-function computer which gives you the chance to track your progress and meet your goals at the same time. You can check out its time, distance, scan, calories and count. The product comes with a non-skid mat for you to place your unit on and enjoy its stability. In addition, the product is lightweight and can be carried away. The size of the display is rather small and it is not backlit. It is quite difficult to look at it. The dimensions of the product measure 17”L x 16”W x 13”H. The weight of the product is 20lbs.
Here are the major strong areas of the Exerpeutic Portable Mini Bike:
- The console gave you the basic information on your exercise.
- The product is made of plastic with partial metal part. This makes it stylish and durable at the same time.
- The machine runs smoothly and quietly.
- It has carry handle which can be used to move the unit around.
- The product comes with non-skid pad floor.
- You can place it at the work place and exercise while you are working.
- The price is affordable.
Here are the shortfalls of the unit:
- The resistance levels are rather weak even when it is set at the high levels.
- The monitor is small and hard to see.
The unit has issues on resistance levels. You may cross check the product with Magne trainer which doesn’t have this issue.